Thursday, April 17, 2008

A peep in the guy's hostel

Okay, I can't think of anything interesting to post today so I decided to show you guys how guy's hostel room looks like. Actually I am not staying at the main school of 暨南大学, and I'm now at one of its colleges, 华文学院. The place here isn't that big but at least it has the basic needs of a standard school. If you are interested in knowing how my present school's environment looks like, I'll post it maybe later.

So, here's a short introduction of my hostel. It is named as 东区一楼 because it is located at the East Gate of the school. I haven't taken any pictures of my hostel building yet but i promised I'll show them to you guys someday. My room isn't that large, at least it can accommodate 3 people in one room. We got 3 beds, 3 desks, and 3 closets. I was surprised the first time I stepped into my room. Everything was different from what I was told. I was informed that each room would accommodates 2 people with everything well prepared, including bed sheets and stuffs. But the truth is, you got your bed, but without the bed sheets. You are only given a wooden plank on a steel bed stand. You have a wooden desk, at least, but its small and approximately 1metre in length and 0.5metre in width. And of course, you have a wooden chair.The closet is made of steel but it traps air in it so you won't enjoy it if it gets humid in it. Don't worry about the electric supplies because there are 5 sockets available, but don't overuse the electricity or you will have to pay more for it.

This is my room number.
This is how it looks like.
My closet is the first one. Lol, that's my rubbish bag hanging on one of the doors...
Here's the three-closet aforementioned. Quite messy. Guys bah...
This is my daily food and snacks supplies. The upper part is my school books. Anyway, that telephone is useless.
This is my bed. I bought that mosquitoes canvas because there will be lots of mosquitoes during spring and summer. Anyway, I just came out of it so it looks a bit messy. But I usually fold my blankets before leaving to look nicer (Psss...i never did so at home ^^). Sorry, mum. Haha.
This is my desk. Compacted with my things and I have no where to put my water machine...
The one above the sockets is the network line for internet service (the school's line sucks...).

That's all for my room. Outside the room you can hang your clothings on the wires available to dry them but you have to share with others. So, it means that you have to "fight" for your own space. There's two water supplier machine on the wall at both the staircase but I heard someone complained about the purity of the water so I bought my own water machine from the school. I forgot to take pictures of the washroom. We have a TV room on the 2nd floor and though I'm on the second floor, but i seldom watch it because I'm not so interested in TV shows.

Look above the pathway, hung with clothes. You can hung them outside the hostel where there is an open compound but it's risky (hope you know what i meant).
Oops, the TV room is locked. It's always opened during the afternoon and evening.

Every room has their own specific washroom and you are given a key for it too. There all a total of five keys given to you, one for your room door, one for your upper closet, one for your lower closet, one for your desk, and last, your washroom. the washroom isn't that wide enough for you to dance around while having your bath. Below the shower tap, it will be your toilet bowl. So, you must watch your steps while taking your bath. For your information, hot (or warm) water is only available during certain periods: 6pm-7pm, 8pm-8.40pm, and 9.15pm-10pm. That's all. For a person like me who used to take a shower during the morning, try get used to it...

Which door is mine?
No.203. Look where the shower tap is.
From the right view.
My washing basin. Clean? 3 guys sharing one so it's a bit messy.
Look what's below the basin.
The shower tap...
...with the toilet bowl below it.

So, what do you think about my hostel? I heard that the condition will be better when you are at the school's headquarter. The only common is that there is not lift in any hostel.

Everything is different from what I used to be at home. I can shower whenever I want to. I can watch my own favorite TV channels. I don't need keys to go everywhere. And most of all, I can see my family all the time. I cannot deny that there is a bit of homesick in me, but i consider that sickness as a boost up energy for me to study hard. I promised my parents to do well and you can have my word. I miss you all in Kuching. May God bless everyone there and I love you all, Dad, Mum, Clement, Raymond and Lina!! Muakkkksssssssssssssssssssssssss!! ^^

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Bye BYE!!!

No comments: